Justin Bieber is "still talking" with Grammy producers about attending the ceremony.
The 22-year-old pop megastar was previously reported to be boycotting the glitzy award ceremony – which will be hosted by James Corden at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California on February 12 – alongside the likes of Kanye West and Drake as he believes the awards have become irrelevant, especially to younger artists.
Now, Grammys producer Ken Ehrlich has said he’s in talks with the ‘Sorry’ hitmaker about getting him to attend the show, but says getting 39-year-old Kanye on board might be more tricky.
He told ‘Entertainment Tonight’: "Look, we’d love to have them again. We’re actually still talking to Justin. Kanye, it’s probably going to be a question of – if it will happen, it will or won’t happen closer to the show.
"We’ve worked with Kanye many number of times and we’ve actually been very much involved in the successes that he’s had. Some of his greatest performances have been on the Grammys. I would sure love to see him in the house."
Drake however, definitely won’t be in attendance at the event as he’s scheduled a tour date in Manchester, England, on the night of the ceremony.
Ken also anticipates that last year’s Album of the Year winner Taylor Swift may not grace the red carpet either, as she’s having an "off-cycle" after winning big last year.
He said: "I don’t think Taylor’s really going to be a part of the show this year. She did pretty well last year. The word is, ‘off-cycle.’ You know, [she] doesn’t have anything to do, isn’t really nominated. Expect her to be back big next year, but probably not this year."
The producer refused to comment to the publication about whether or not Beyoncé – who recently confirmed she is pregnant with twins – would be in attendance.