A judge has blocked Brad Pitt’s efforts to hold an emergency hearing to have details about his custody dispute with Angelina Jolie sealed.
The 52-year-old actor, who split from the Oscar-winning actress earlier this year, wants to keep their custody battle over their six adopted children private – but LA Superior Court Judge Richard J. Burdge Jr has rejected Brad’s request to listen to his petition on an expedited basis to keep the documents sealed.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: "The judge only denied the request for an emergency hearing and not the actual motion requesting that the case be sealed."
The insider confirmed that hearing will be held on January 17 and added that "resolving this privately is in the best interests of the entire family, including both parents, so it is surprising that one side would keep pushing to publicize matters involving the children".
This comes shortly after it was reported that Angelina – who has children Vivienne, eight, Knox, eight, Shiloh, 10, Zahara, 11, Pax, 13, and Maddox, 15, with Brad – filed the documents because she was worried that her estranged husband was trying to change their temporary agreement.
The ‘Maleficent’ actress was concerned that Brad would seek to have un-monitored visits with the children.
Angelina is also reported to have consulted with her therapist about the issue, who said it’s too early to sanction such a scenario.
She is however, open to Brad having solo visits provided it is signed off by the therapist.
But sources close to the ‘Fury’ actor have claimed that Angelina has exposed their children to unnecessary stress and he thinks her recent behaviour is proof she is a bad parent.