Harrison Ford is "very happy" that he won’t be fined after nearly hitting a plane.
The ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ actor was flying his private plane into John Wayne Airport near Orange County in February when he flew too close to a taxiing American Airlines flight but an investigation has decided not to take any action following the incident.
Ford’s lawyer, Stephen Hofer, said: "They conducted a full investigation into the matter. They interviewed Mr. Ford, they looked at all of the audio and video and computer evidence regarding the landing.
"After reviewing all of that they determined that no administrative or enforcement action was warranted. He retains his pilot certificate without any restrictions. He has been advised and is very happy about it."
In audio from the day, Harrison can be heard telling the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) he is a "schmuck" for making the mistake.
He said in the clip: "[I’m] the schmuck that landed on the taxiway. I was distracted by the airliner which was in movement when I turned to the runway and also the big turbulence from the landing."
At the time of the incident, the FAA released a statement saying Harrison had been cleared to land on a certain runway but instead leanded on a taxiway "that runs parallel" to where he had ben told to land.
The statement read: "Air traffic controllers cleared the pilot of a single-engine Aviat Husky to land on Runway 20L at John Wayne Airport Monday afternoon.
"The pilot correctly read back the clearance. The pilot then landed on a taxiway that runs parallel to the runway, overflying a Boeing 737 that was holding short of the runway."
It comes after Harrison was forced to do a "textbook emergency landing" whilst flying his two-seater vintage World War II training plane back in 2015. The plane came to rest on Penmar Golf Course in Venice, Los Angeles after it suffered engine failure.