Drake offered to help talk a man down from a bridge in Manchester on Sunday (02.12.17)
The ‘Hotline Bling’ hitmaker asked police officers if he could try to talk to the troubled gentleman – whose identity is known – after he was spotted standing on the wrong side of the barriers, sparking fears he was planning to commit suicide, on Mancunian Way in north west England at around 5:40am.
The 30-year-old rapper offered to get involved in the situation after his tour bus carrying him and his entourage were caught up in traffic but police politely declined because they had it in hand.
Inspector Phil Spurgeon, of the City Centre Integrated Neighborhood Policing Team, told the Manchester Evening News newspaper: "One officer was approached by a male from a tour van caught up in the traffic congestion, claiming to be part of Drake’s entourage. He offered for Drake to speak to the male on the bridge, if that would help. The offer was declined with thanks."
The man was eventually talked down from the bridge and taken to hospital for assessment just before 7am before the nearby roads, which had previously been closed, were re-opened.
Drake was in the northern city for his ‘Boy Meets World’ tour and played his tracks to a packed out crowd on February 11 and 12 at the Manchester Arena before he made his way down to London yesterday morning so that he’s ready for his six dates at The O2 arena in London.
As well as gallivanting around Europe for is tour, Drake has also had other things on his mind as it’s believe him and his rumored girlfriend Jennifer Lopez have recently split up.
A source said recently: "She likes Drake. They’re just busy, so it has fizzled. She’s a mom with an insanely busy career. He’s touring in Europe. Who knows what will happen in the future when they’re more able to be in the same place."