CeeLo Green has reassured fans he is "alive and well" after footage emerged of his cell phone seemingly exploding in his face.
Shocking surveillance footage appeared online on Saturday (12.17.16) of the former ‘Voice’ coach taking a call in the recording studio before his device blew up, knocking him off his chair and onto the floor, sparking concern from fans.
However, the ‘Crazy’ hitmaker has now admitted all was not as it seemed and he is "upset" that his supporters have been "emotional disturbed" by footage for his new musical project.
He said in a Facebook Live broadcast: "Hey y’all, listen. I just want to let everybody know that I am alive and I am well and I’m OK.
"Truthfully, I’m really upset that anybody had to be emotionally disturbed by what they saw today.
"Actually what you saw today was a clip from a smaller video that we were shooting for a new project that I’m doing called Gnarly Davidson. It’s supposed to set up and introduce the new character identity.
"I’m still going to release the music, but first and foremost to everybody that love me and care about me, I just wanted to let you know that I’m OK… I just want to thank everybody for their love and support and concern."
Among those who had been left upset by the 42-year-old star’s apparent accident was ‘Post To Be’ hitmaker Omarion.
He had tweeted: "@CeeLoGreen Sooo manyyyy prayers & light to you brother!!!! I [pray] your hearing is ok!!! (sic)"
Last year, CeeLo admitted he was hoping to work on a new Gnarls Barkley album with Danger Mouse.
Asked when he’d last spoken to his friend and collaborator, he said: "I just talked to him last night. I told him, ‘This is the next thing we should do’. I know he’s about to the the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ album. I hope he does great with that, but I said, ‘Hey, I need you to be able to split your attention. We need another Gnarls album, and so do the people’."